Monday, October 15, 2012

Saturday, October 13th.

Saturday, October 13th: Today's miles = 20.6. Total PCT miles = 2,635.9. Miles remaining = 27.6.

It rained the entire night last night and was continuing to rain when I woke up this morning. There were a number of factors as to why I woke up in a puddle this morning, one of which was my fault. I set my tent up last night on a slant due to laziness. I did not expect it to rain like it did. Either way, I had about a liter of water in my tent this morning. My sleeping pad doubles as an inflatable raft and it sure came in handy last night. I have a down sleeping bag so it was my first priority to keep it dry. I succeeded mostly.

The rain didn't stop all day. It was another view-less day. Rifle hunting season for Washington started today and there were plenty of hunters out despite the rain. I had been hiking in my black rain gear but after I started to see hunters I put my bright orange skirt back on. I'm not trying to get shot just a day away from the border. One of the hunters informed me that it snowed this morning where he was and that it was suppose to snow all around this area tonight. Also, there's a 90% chance of rain for tomorrow upwards of an inch. They are also saying that it may be cold enough tomorrow afternoon for it to snow. If this is the case it could snow up to a foot!!

I think it's time to get this trail over with. I haven't been completely ready for it to be over until today. I had gotten to the top of a climb this afternoon covered in rain with the wind blowing a chill so brutal that I actually said outloud "yeaup, Im ready for this trail to end". If it were warm and sunny I know I would have never said it.

I set my tent up better tonight due to the fact that the rain has yet to let up at all. I wonder if it will start snowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment