Monday, October 15, 2012

Thursday, October 11th.

Thursday, October 11th: Today's miles =13.3. Total PCT miles = 2,593.5. Miles remaining = 70.

We all woke up wondering how Cowboy was doing. We began to speculate that instead of breaking his bone he might have torn a tendon. Either way, he was in a lot of pain. I knew I needed to catch the 8am bus back to the trail but Cowboy, Funk, Trooper, and Shep dog were all waiting until 3pm. As I was getting ready to leave I saw Shep dog trying to fit a pillow case on Cowboys arm in attempts to make it work as a sling. From the looks of it Cowboy was trying to figure out a way to get back on trail and hike the remaining 89 miles of trail before getting himself to a doctor. I wanted to tell him that he should take a boat across the lake and see a doctor but then I thought 'what if it were my arm?'. I would want everyone to shut up, speak nothing of a doctor, help me make a sling out of a pillow case, tell me they knew I could make it, and wish me the best as I set out on trail to finish this Goddamn thing! Hopefully he knew best for himself and made the right decision accordingly.

I caught the bus but wasted a lot of time being lazy and only hiked a few miles today. I ended up camping with Chef, Pocahontas, Pitfall, and Baboon. We all sat around the camp fire for hours swapping stories and enjoying the last few days of trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment