Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sunday, October 7th.

Sunday, October 7th: Today's miles = 22. Total PCT miles = 2,531.3. Miles remaining = 132.2.

This morning I hiked through what was possibly the most beautiful section of trail on the whole PCT. Some would argue that the Sierras are the most beautiful but I prefer to see green things. I had no idea Washington was going to be so beautiful. It took me almost 4 hours to hike 4 miles this morning because of the distractions. I could not believe I was climbing up a mountain in one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to with the fall leaves literally falling on my head and the sun rising behind the distant snow covered peaks! I took my time for the first part of the day.

The second part of the day was quite different. By 3 pm I had only hiked 10 miles and still had one of the steepest climbs in the state ahead of me. *sigh*. I made it only 3 miles before my goal today and still didn't get to camp until 10:30pm. Once I got to the spot by an alpine lake Funk and Cowboy were screaming that there was good camping down by the base of the lake. They were already set up and warm in their sleeping bags. The lake was huge and I asked them how the water from it was. They replied, "good luck getting water from the lake. Its completely frozen over!". It was another COLD night!

No comments:

Post a Comment