Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Saturday, October 6th.

Saturday, October 6th: Today's miles = 23.7. Total PCT miles = 2,509.3. Miles remaining = 154.2.

I knew I had camped by a lake last night but I couldn't see it until the morning. I tried exceptionally hard to get up early this morning but all I was able to do was roll over in my sleeping bag and make coffee. My brother has offered to drive to Manning State Park in Canada to both meet me to celebrate the end of my hike and also to drive me to Bend Oregon. I have happily accepted his offer and have agreed to meet him Sunday night, October 14th. This obviously means that I have to finish the trail before then. So, my desire to get up early this morning was spurred by the prospect of actually making it to the border by this date.

I didn't start hiking until 9am and didn't stop until 10:30pm, and yet somehow still only managed to hike 23.7 miles. I must say that I have under estimated Washingon both in difficulty and beauty.

I'd like to hike three 25's and a 21 into Stehieken, the last town on the PCT. If the mountains stay as hard as they have been this will be more difficult than I would prefer. Must sleep...eyes closing themselves.

Oh, my tent is an icicle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment