Monday, October 1, 2012

Thursday, September 27th

Thursday, September 27th: Todays miles = 9.2. Total PCT miles = 2,332. Miles remaining = 331.5.

The mornings hike was difficult and slow for me. My energy level was low despite the amount of food I have been eating. I only made it 9.2 miles today before I got to highway 410 where there was a note from a trail angle, Sam. I had no idea who Sam was but I didn't care. She had written in her note that she had a camp set up just 5 miles down the road off of the highway AND that she would be around every hour or so to pick up hikers and take them there. So, I sat and waited. She rolled up about 45 minutes later and asked "you guys in a hurry or down to have some fun?". Baboon and I looked at each other and our answer was clear. We then piled in to her Jeep and road to the camp. At her camp she had a BIG tent set up. She also had shelves built into trees that held copious amounts of food, all which she said we could eat at our will. She made daily beer and liquor runs to town, enticing hikers to stay the night. We were successfully enticed. I chose not to drink, remembering my punishment suffered in Crescent City. I did, however, enjoy watching everyone else drink themselves into a stupor and pass out in various places around the camp site. Instead of drinking, I chose to eat. It was a good nero (near zero mileage) day!

No comments:

Post a Comment