Friday, August 31, 2012

August 28th, 29th, and 30th.

Tuesday, August 28th: Todays miles = 24. Total PCT miles = 1794.5. Water was scarce today and the weather was COLD! I'm starting to get nervous about not having enough warm gear. I'll have to have another layer sent sometime soon. Camped with Baboon on the side of the trail in two little camp spots tucked in some down trees.

Wednesday, August 29th: Todays miles = 24.2. Total PCT miles = 1,818.7. Today was another low water day. The trail has been having stretches of 15-25 miles without water. Its made hiking alot more difficult when you have to carry 4 liters all day. The last part of the day today was through a burn site. It was almost eerie hiking through there at dusk. I was glad to get to camp and find flagman there. Camped with Baboon and Flagman.

Thursday, August 30th: Todays miles = 15.3. Total PCT miles 1,834. I woke up earlier today to hike the 10 miles to Mazama Village in Crater Lake National Park. I had sent myself a resupply package here and needed to pick it up. This place is not really a village. All the 'village' is is a little store with showers and laundry services. It was enough! I sat outside at the picnic tables most of the day after my shower. It was a cool place to hang out with some other hikers while we got all our stuff situated. I then went to eat a salad at the little cafe before heading back out to the trail. I made it to the rim of Crater Lake before setting up camp with Navi and Baboon.

No comments:

Post a Comment