Thursday, August 30, 2012

Monday, August 27th

Monday, August 27th: Todays miles = 26.2. Total PCT miles = 1,770.4.

I was trying to get up this morning at 5am. Instead, I got out of my sleeping bag at 7:30 and didn't get hiking until 8:45. The reason for this delay was the weather. I woke up being able to see my breath and getting out of your sleeping bag in the dark when its cold out is almost impossible. The cold morning made for a cool day and it actually was the perfect temperature for hiking. The morning was a bit slow for me but after lunch I was able to make most of the miles for the day.
,I saw another bear today. He ran, just like all the others.

I'm camped at a shelter tonight ; the first real shelter I've spent the night at on the PCT. Although, I'm not in the shelter, I'm tented outside it. Flagman, Diesel, and Navi are sleeping in it tonight. It didn't have much room for sleeping and I came in late around 9pm.

Nothing crazy happened today. Just another happy day in the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment