Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tuesday, August 14th

Tuesday, August 14th: Todays miles = 22.5. Total PCT miles 1,545.5. I woke up this morning because I was having difficulty breathing. Smoke from a wildfire made its way to where I was camped last night. I'm not exactly sure which fire was causing the smoke; if was an existing one or a new one. Either way, I was walking through clouds of smoke until 2:30pm! The smoke became so thick in some places that I could not see the next mountain over. I could not see more than 20 feet down the mountain I was hiking on! I began to think that the fire must be really close but then I remembered that the wind picked up a little last night and must have just blown it in from far away...at least thats what I tell myself.

The hiking came easy today. The whole day was well graded and there were a few BEAUTIFUL springs right on the side of the trail today. Minus the wildfire smoke I couldn't have asked for a better hiking day.

I got into camp tonight at 7:30pm! I don't remember the last time I got to set up my tent in the day light. Or eat dinner before 9pm for that matter. Its looking like the projected ETA for Etna has been pushed back to Friday morning. As long as I'm there before the post office closes I don't particularly care.

Tonight I'm camped with Baboon, Chocolate Chipmunk, and Indiana Toad.

No comments:

Post a Comment