Friday, August 3, 2012

July 29th and 30th: Sierra City

July 29th: Todays miles = 24. Total PCT miles 1197.5. I hiked 24 miles before dinner and made it to Sierra City in time to sign my name up on the dinner list. In this little town of Sierra City there is a small bar/hotel/restaurant place that allows hikers to camp for free on their back yard. They also let you shower and do you laundry for free! I didn't do much that night besides eat. The general store closed early due to it being a Sunday in a small town. I was determined to relax all night and take care of my resupply stuff the next day.

July 30th: Todays miles = 8. Total PCT miles = 1,205. In the morning I woke up and had breakfast at the Red Moose Inn, spent way too much money at the general store (their prices were beyond obscene), then spent the rest of the afternoon drinking at the bar watching the Olympics. I didn't leave town until late and camped with Baboon and Typo.

No comments:

Post a Comment